We have six first year positions per year.
The application deadline is December 31st.
General application requirements:
- All applicants to our program must be registered with the Match.
- Applications must be submitted through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application System) and should include all of the following:
- Completed ERAS application and personal statement
- Medical School Dean's Letter
- Official transcripts from all medical schools attended
- An official USMLE transcript with results of Step I and Step II, (no minimum score requirement)
- Three letters of recommendations from physicians
- Applicants to our program must be either a U. S. Citizen, permanent resident, or be eligible for a J-1 visa
ADDITIONAL PREFERENCES FOR INTERNATIONAL MEDICAL GRADUATES
International medical graduates must have graduated from medical school within the past five years. USMLE Steps I and II must have been passed within the last five years and applicants must have a current ECFMG certificate. Lastly, we require significant (at least 3-6 months), documented clinical experience in the United States as a medical student, resident, or practicing physician within the last two years. We do not offer observerships/externships.
Applications are reviewed as they are received through ERAS. Those who are selected to interview with our program will be contacted by e-mail.
For further information about the Doctors’ Hospital of Michigan Family Medicine Residency Program, please contact Program Administrator, Carol Samson:
Telephone: (248) 857-6700
Doctors’ Hospital of Michigan
Family Medicine Residency Program
Attn: Carol Samson
461 West Huron Street
Pontiac, MI 48341 USA